📆 1. How far out do you book?
- We typically book out about a year and a half in advance (16-18 months) but some couples will secure their date with use a little closer to their wedding (about a year in advanced). However, If your wedding is around the corner, still reach out — We might still be available!
💒 2. How many weddings do you take on a year?
- Every year is different because of the ebb and flow of the world we live in 😂 but we only accept about 24 weddings a years (about 2 a month). We do this so that we can give every wedding our absolute best and most creative touch. My editing is a very detailed and meticulous process that I believe shows in every wedding video that I produce.
📸 3. Do you offer photography as well?
- We specialize only in videography but can definitely recommend some bad ass photographers that we think do amazing work. Just ask and we send you some of our top suggestions.
🎥 4. Is Steven the only one who films for Wild Light Films?
- Wild Light Film’s started in 2015 as just one person, me (Steven), a camera and an eagerness to create special videos by using unique, organic videography mixed with stylish, creative and fashion forward editing. Because It’s been just me I’m unfortunately only able to film so many weddings every year but In 2018 that all changed. I met an amazing videographer from San Diego who loved to film weddings (and is sooo good at it) but found that editing just wasn’t his thing, this is how the Wild Light Films Team started. The WLF Team is a very small group of hand-picked videographers that I’ve trained to not only film in the same style as me but are also bad ass people who are just fun to be around, which I think is EXTREMELY important. After your wedding day, they send me all of the footage, I cull through it and create your videos in the same way as if I filmed it myself.
🎵 5. What's involved in creating the wedding film and who picks the music?
- I always want my films to reflect my couples taste in music and style so I ask them to send me 3-5 of songs that they love and think would be fun for the edit. Of course if you want me to find a song, I totally can! What I do then is search my music databases and try to find 3-5 songs that I feel match your wedding, send them over and you tell me which one you love the most. Music is super important to the film because it sets the tone and mood, so picking the one that fits you might take some time but will totally be worth it. Once we have that perfect song picked, the editing begins (and coffee intake) followed by more editing, re-cuts, minor adjustments, more coffee, more editing and then the last final touches and critiquing. Nothing leaves my studio without being just right in the Wild Light way.
⏳ 6. How long is your turn around time?
- I strive to have a QUICK turn around so you’re not having to wait six, eight or even twelve months to enjoy your videos. Most wedding films are completed within 16-20 weeks of your wedding date. We also shoot with real super 8mm film which has to be mailed off, processed, scanned and digitized which usually takes about 5-6 weeks. With videography, there is a lot of post production that has to be done when making a killer film, this includes finding and culling the BEST shots, editing and creating the story, color correcting and grading, followed by coffee, more editing, re-cuts, minor adjustments, more coffee (maybe a margarita by now), more editing, and then the last final touches and critiquing 😊
💵 7. We really value what you do, how much should I expect to spend?
- Every wedding & couple is unique so I have a couple of different collections but our base collection starts at $6,500. Pleases feel free to contact us for our full pricing and collections list.
- Let’s be honest you’re probably asking yourself, how do you get your pricing?
- That’s a great question and something a lot of people are probably afraid to ask but I’m here to be honest with you because that’s how trust is formed!
- Maybe you’re just getting started with your wedding planning or maybe you’ve been planning it for months now — either way you’ll soon find out the crazy amount of time and effort that goes into picking your venue, hiring your vendors, planning details and sorting out every little thing so your day is perfect! For me it’s kinda like that but most of it’s done after your wedding.
- On top being a traveling videographer, I am an small business owners who has to pay taxes, have health care (for me and my family), gear insurance, liability insurance, subscriptions for client management, storage (lots of storage): hard drives, more hard drives, online storage, memory cards and also making sure that my gear is calibrated and in good working order for every single wedding. Technology and camera gear is always getting better so I always try to stay on top things to make sure I have the best equipment for me and my teams needs. On top of all of that we can only work so many weekends a year and I can personally only handle so many edits a year. This isn’t including any personal time to actually enjoy my friends and family. As much as I enjoy shooting weddings, I also enjoy and appreciate spending the occasional weekend or date night with my beautiful wife, Spencer & daughter, Saige (they appreciates it too).
- Weddings take up almost 75% of my weekends every year, 20% is allotted for editing and the other 5% is for being with loved ones and actually trying to have a life 😩. When I’m not filming a wedding, I am sitting at my computer editing, culling footage, responding the emails, searching through hundreds of songs trying to find the perfect one, making sure my team videographers are prepared and have everything they need for upcoming weddings, mailing out hard drives, receiving and sorting footage, sending & receiving super 8 film for processing, rendering footage down, researching new gear, continuing my education on the gear I have, working on build my business and client base by making social media posts and so so so many other things! I hope this helps give you a better understanding of our pricing and value and thanks for coming to my TedTalk 😂
- Let’s be honest you’re probably asking yourself, how do you get your pricing?
VIDEO EXAMPLESFun tip: Click here or refresh the page for new video examples!
(Highlights from Ceremony & Toasts in Video)
⏱ 8. I'd love a longer Wedding Film, do you offer any videos like that?
- I do offer the option to add-on additional length to the Wedding Film but what I think you’re looking for is the Featurette. This is a 15 – 20 minute film that incorporates the best clips from the day (including the vows from your ceremony and highlights of the toasts), presented in a fun, stylish highlight fashion. || Watch Real Examples
🖼 9. I love the all your videos but would also like to see the rest of the footage, do you offer the raw video files?
- Giving raw files is much like asking an artist for an unfinished painting. Raw files are not the final product, they are the raw materials I use to create a finished product. So it’s kinda like building a house, you need the bricks and the wood but if they are left by themselves they’re just materials, you need to put them together to create a beautiful house. My editing and post processing is what makes Wild Light Films, Wild Light Films. I do however offer the Docu Style Video, it’s where I go through all of the footage from the day, mildly color correct, and lightly edit it to a long playlist of enjoyable music. This video lets you see the entire day as a long edit and is much more enjoyable than a folder full of unedited video files.
📹 10. What is the Docu Style Video like?
- The Docu Style Video is kinda like those fun, homemade movies your parents would make but done in a new, more stylish way! I go through all of the footage from the entire day and put together a “camcorder style” video over music that shows the day from start to finish including prep, first looks, vows and toasts from one camera angle, cocktail hour, bouquet toss, garter flinging, cake smashing and all the rad moments and dance moves your family and friends have to offer. These videos can run over 60 minutes, so gather on the couch, make some popcorn and get comfy. (Actual video length will vary) // Watch Real Examples (Password “wild light”)
🎞 11. What exactly is Super 8mm Film?
- Taken from Wikipedia, “Super 8mm film is a motion picture film format released in 1965 as an improvement over the older Double or Regular 8 mm home movie format.”. So basically Super 8 is a type of camera from the late 60’s – 70’s that shoots on real 8mm film that is not only unique looking but is also super fucking cool!
🧳 12. Do you travel for weddings and are there any fees?
- No travel fee for weddings within 2 hours of any of our videographers
- Weddings within driving distance but not quite close enough to drive the same day as your wedding (3-4 hours) — still $0 travel fee and only request that our 2 nights of hotel accommodations be covered
- Any other distance there — thats right, still no travel fee 🤘🏻 we just ask that our flight, rental car and hotel accommodations be covered
🛫 13. We'd love to fly you out for our wedding, how does that work?
- We ask for 2 to 3 nights of accommodations depending on your wedding location. Some couples will get a block of hotel rooms for guest/family and will just add an extra room for us but if you would rather not have to worry about booking, we can search the average price of hotels or Airbnb’s (which can be sometimes be cheaper) within 15 – 20 minutes of your wedding location, confirm with you and add that amount into the final pricing.
BOOKING & CONTACT
📝 14. We love everything we've read and are ready to book, what do we do?
- If you’re ready to get the ball rolling on securing your date with us, just contact me! We can go over any details and once we get you set up with exactly what you want, I’ll send over a digital contract for you to look over and sign. Once the deposit is received, the date is yours. It’s as simple as that!
💵 15. How much is your deposit?
- We require a $1500 deposit to secure your date and the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to your wedding date. We can also work with you on payment schedules to make things a little easier as well.
📱 16. Can we meet you or the team videographer for our wedding?
- Myself and my team videographers would love to meet you and have a chat via Skype/FaceTime. It’s always really nice to put names to faces to connect with you both on a more personal level, plus it makes it that much less awkward on your wedding day 😂!
🤘🏻 17. My wedding was so much fun and you captured it perfectly, how can we rant and rave about Wild Light Films?!
- Well I’m glad you asked! Reviews are always welcome because they are the life blood of this industry, so If you would like to leave us some good reviews click here for links to the best places to do it!
If you have any questions that haven’t been answered here, please feel free to reach out!