- Q: So what exactly do you do?
- We at Wild Light Films are a team of creative daydreamers who love capturing and curating rad, honest films. I started Wild Light Films in 2015 with just a cheap camera and an eagerness to create special videos by using unique, organic videography mixed with stylish, creative and fashion forward editing.
- Q: What’s involved in creating the wedding film and who picks the music?
- I always want my films to reflect my couples taste in music and style so I ask them to send me 3-5 of songs that they love and think would be fun for the edit. Of course if you want me to find a song, I totally can! What I do then is search my music databases and try to find 3-5 songs that I feel match your wedding, send them over and you tell me which one you love the most. Music is super important to the film because it sets the tone and mood, so picking the one that fits you might take some time but will totally be worth it. Once we have that perfect song picked, the editing begins (and coffee intake) followed by more editing, re-cuts, minor adjustments, more coffee, more editing and then the last final touches and critiquing. Nothing leaves my studio without being just right in the Wild Light way.
- Q: My wedding is IN A WEEK, do you think you’ll be available?
- Maybe! If you’ve found yourself without a videographer and your wedding is coming up we might be able to help! Even if your wedding is in 2 weeks, send me an email because we might be available or can help you find someone that is!
- Q: My photographer says that 8 hours is the perfect amount of time for them, why don’t you offer 8 hours as well?
With photography they don’t typically need capture the beginning of the your day because the shots like: hair, make up, bridesmaids in robes, detail and other shots like that can be done in a pretty quick amount of time for them – they just need a couple shots of each and will move on. With videography it’s different, along with capturing those classic shots your photographer will plan we also try to search out a grab more candid & non-traditional moments which can take time to happen. If we are there for only 8 hours, we will miss some of those organic starting and ending moments that help tell the story from start to finish.
I use to offer 8 hours of coverage but always found myself getting to weddings early and staying late because the timeline didn’t allow me any extra time to capture everything. Another thing to think about – say your entire timeline gets pushed back 45 mins to an hour, you either have to cram or cut things that you want captured into that 8 hour time frame for videography and photography. With having 10 hours, it eliminates the worry around trying to squeeze everything into a tight 8 hour window. Another example would be – your wedding is running behind and the dancing hasn’t really started and you KNOW it’s gonna be a party once it starts but the 8 hour window is about to end. I always found myself staying past my end time because I wanted to make sure that entire night was captured and every time I’ve done this it’s paid off with some epic and fun reception footage.
I feel like 10 hours is the sweet spot for our style of videography. For every shot we get, we also get an alternative wide, mid and close shot for editing in post. We always try to get as much content and angles as possible so that when it’s time to start editing I have everything and more to make an amazing video.
- Q: I’m having a micro-wedding with a small guest count, does that change anything?
Micro and intimate weddings are some of our favorite to film and while you only might be 10-20 guests, that doesn’t change much of our videography workflow. The moments that we want to capture throughout the day still take time to happen naturally, well unless you cram everything into a 4-6 hour window which is don’t suggest you do because it just doesn’t make for good, quality footage or a fun and relaxed day 😂. To capture those organic/real moments, we need to be there throughout the day. We always try to capture as much content from the day(s) so I can put together a really awesome film that reflects you and your day as a whole.
(Moments from Ceremony & Toasts Throughout Video)
(Moments from Ceremony & Toasts in Single Secions of the Video)
2 MIN // 4 MIN // 6 MIN
- Q: What exactly is Super 8mm Film?
- Taken from Wikipedia, “Super 8mm film is a motion picture film format released in 1965 as an improvement over the older Double or Regular 8 mm home movie format.”. So basically Super 8 is a type of camera from the late 60’s – 70’s that shoots on real 8mm film that is not only unique looking but is also super fucking cool!
- Q: What’s the difference between the Featurette and Wild Love Story?
- The Featurette is a 15 – 20 minute film including the best clips presented in a fun, upbeat highlight style fashion. It has moments where I leave in the sound from the camera to create a new vibe and also includes main highlights from the ceremony, vows and toasts. This video is edited in a more lightly fashion over 3 – 4 songs picked by the couple.
- The Wild Love Story is a 10 – 15 minute film that is edited together in a fun and cinematic way with the music chosen by me. I try to take the best parts from the toast and vows and use them throughout the edit. It includes all of the best cuts from the day much like the Featurette just with a more romantic, story driven vibe.
Here is an example of the Featurette & Wild Love Story edit from the same wedding:
Featurette (Songs picked by the couple)
Wild Love Story (Songs picked by me)
- Q: What is the Docu Style Video like?
- The Docu Style Video is kinda like those fun, homemade movies your parents would make but done in a new, more stylish way! I go through all of the footage from the entire day and put together a “camcorder style” video over music that shows the day from start to finish including prep, first looks, vows and toasts from one camera angle, cocktail hour, bouquet toss, garter flinging, cake smashing and all the rad moments and dance moves your family and friends have to offer. These videos can run over 60 minutes, so gather on the couch, make some popcorn and get comfy. (Actual video length will vary) // Watch Real Examples (Password “widlight”)
- Q: What is your turn around time?
- Most wedding films are completed within 16-20 weeks of your wedding date but because I shoot with real film, It has to be mailed off, processed, scanned and digitized which usually takes about 5-6 weeks. With videography, there is a lot of post production that has to be done when making a killer film, this includes finding and culling the BEST shots, editing and creating the story, color correcting and grading (fancy way of saying, adding in my special beautiful color), followed by coffee, more editing, re-cuts, minor adjustments, even more coffee, more editing, and then the last final touches and critiquing… but to answer the question simply – about 16 weeks 😊
- Q: What are your collections and do you have any examples of the other videos you provide?
- Q: We didn’t budget much for videography, do you have team or another lower price option?
- I do have a small select group of videographers hand picked and trained by me that can not only film in the same style but are bad ass people who are fun to be around which I think is EXTREMELY important. After your wedding, the team videographer sends me the footage, I cull through it and create your videos in the same way as if I filmed it myself. The Team Collection comes with a 3 – 5 minute Wild Light Film (example) and raw videos of your ceremony & toasts. I also offer additional videos edits on top of this, so if you’re digging it, hit me up and let me know! Here are some additional videos that were filmed by a team videographer and edited by me.
- Q: How much is your deposit?
- We require a $1500 deposit to secure your date and the remaining balance is due 30 days prior to the wedding.
- Q: Do you travel and are there any fees?
- There is no extra charge for weddings within 2 hours of the the videographer assigned to your wedding. Our videographers are located in in Southern California, Florida and Georgia. Weddings still within driving distance but not quite close enough (3-4 hours), we just ask for 2 nights of accommodations. Any other distance, there is a $150 travel fee and we ask that our flight and accommodations be covered.
- Hotel/Airbnb Booking:
- We ask for 2 to 3 nights of accommodations depending on your wedding location. Some couples will get a block of hotel rooms for guest/family and will just add an extra room for us but if you would rather not have to worry about booking, we can search the average price of hotels or Airbnb’s (which can be sometimes be cheaper) within 15 – 20 minutes of your wedding location, confirm with you and add that amount into the final pricing.
BOOKING & CONTACT
- Q: We love everything we’ve read and are ready to book, what do we do?
- If you’re ready to get the ball rolling on securing your date with us, just contact me! We can go over any details and once we get you set up with exactly what you want, I’ll send over a digital contract for you to look over and sign. Once the deposit is received, the date is yours. It’s as simple as that!
- Can we meet you or the team videographer for our wedding?
- We would love to meet you and have a chat via Skype/FaceTime. It’s always really nice to put names to faces to connect with you both on a more personal level!
- My wedding was so much fun and you captured it perfectly, how can we rant and rave about you?!
- Well I’m glad you asked! Reviews are always welcome because they are the life blood of this industry, so If you would like to leave us some good reviews click here for links to the best places to do it!
If you have any questions that haven’t been answered here, please feel free to reach out!